A spot, otherwise known as a pimple, is a small abscess that resembles a blister in appearance.
The inflammation of a spot is caused by the sebaceous glands that can be found all over the skin with the exception of the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. The glands produce a substance that is known as sebum. Sebum can be identified as a waxy, oily substance that is used to hydrate the skin. When the skin produces excess sebum, the substance clogs the pores and combines with dead skin cells. This forms what is often identified as a white head.
Spots are mostly found in teenagers due to hormonal changes however, they can occur at any age. Air pollution, dehydration, poor diet, stress and heavy makeup products are all factors that can lead to the occurrence of spots.
We provide the following treatments for Spots:
- SkinPen and PRGF plasma treatment
- Skin rejuvenation using Plasma (PRGF)
- Scar Treatments (Laser Genesis)
- Pearl Fractional
- Chemical peel
- Dermatological examination
- HydraFacial skin rejuvenation treatment
- Medical facial treatment
- AcneTest - Genetic Analysis for Personalized Acne Treatment
- Dr. Sabrina
- Jane Iredale - makeup
- ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi
- Augustinus Bader