In Milojević Polyclinic it is possible to undergo an Acnelan treatment by Mesoestetic which has the most wholesome, effective, and rapid effect on acne and its consequences.
Acnelan contains the protected formula m.acne complex®, a unique combination of active ingredients that fight different triggering factors of the signs of acne. M.acne complex® contains salicylic acid (it has keratolytic and comedolytic properties, opens and purifies pores, has anti-inflammatory and bacteriostatic properties, synergistically increases the penetration of other active agents), sodium lepargilate (5-α reductase inhibition, it has bacteriostatic and keratolytic properties), mandelic acid (anti-septic and bacteriostatic properties, depigmentation), and shikimic acid (it inhibits sebaceous secretion, has anti-inflammatory properties, inhibits bacterial proliferation).
The Acnelan treatment is performed by a dermatologist in 3 treatment sessions at 14 to 21-day intervals.
After the treatment, a soothing mask is applied to minimize the redness. After 2-3 days, the skin-peeling process begins which can last for a few days. It is necessary to apply epithelialization cream daily directly after the treatment and during the peeling of the skin and avoid sun exposure, as well as protect the skin with sunscreen.
After and between the treatments it is recommended to use Acnelan mousse with urea and chlorhexidine for removing impurities, and Acne one cream that contains m.acne complex, bexaretinyl complex (retinoid chemical exfoliant), and Serenoa repens which inhibits 5-α reductase. Besides daily care, it is also recommended to apply a mask with kaolin and m.acne complex that absorbs the excess sebum on a weekly basis.
The contraindications are the same as for other kinds of peels: pregnancy and lactating, hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or some other peel’s ingredient, treatment with isotretinoin in the last 6 months (at least), radiotherapy or some dermatological procedure on the face, an active bacterial or viral infection on the face, and active autoimmune disease.
A dermatologist must be informed about frequent herpes simplex infections on the face and in that case, prophylactic antiviral therapy is conducted.
Before the treatment:
- 3 weeks before the treatment do not undergo any other professional peels (dermabrasion, micro-dermabrasion, ultrasound peels, etc.).
- Five days before the treatment it is not recommended to use any kind of abrasive or irritating substances; dying, bleaching, depilation, or shaving of the treatment area is not recommended. Men should avoid shaving for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid the use of tanning beds and prolonged exposure to the sun. Wait for at least one week after the treatment to get a tattoo or hyaluronic fillers.
After the treatment, the following must be avoided:
- direct exposure to sunlight and artificial light, direct heat, saunas, and swimming pools for up to 48 hours.
- depilation, epilation, and laser treatments for at least 15 days.